The St. John’s Baptist Church was organized in 1943 on land donated and designated for a church by Mr. N. A. Trexler. A tent was constructed on the property and it was called The Community Church.
Mr. John Bradford, Mr. James McKnight, and Mr. Guy Cook were the three men named on the church charter. Years later, the framed building was constructed from the sell of chicken and fish plate dinners and private donations.
In the spring of 1988, under the guidance of Pastor Johnny Thompson the congregation voted to build a new sanctuary. The lot on the corner of Hoffman Road and First Street was donated by Mr. Jim Harris and the church purchased the lot behind it. Shortly after construction began and in 1991 our present facility was completed.
Over the years our congregation has continued to grow to a membership of 500 plus as we minister to the need of our members and the surrounding community.
St. John’s strives to be a beacon sharing the love of Jesus to his people. Under Pastor Jackson’s leadership, over the years we have purchased several tracts of land and In 2008 we opened the St. John’s Outreach Center catering to the needs of our community with a gym, exercise classes, healthcare and other events.
To God Be the Glory!